This page contains materials related to my promotion case to Full Professor of Computer Science at the George Washington University. I am happy to provide further information as needed.
Here are the five publications most representative of my work since tenure. Google Scholar has my full list of publications.
- OFC: an opportunistic caching system for FaaS platforms, Djob Mvondo, Mathieu Bacou, Kevin Nguetchouang, Lucien Ngale, Josiane Kouam, Renaud Lachaize, Jinho Hwang, Timothy Wood, Daniel Hagimont, Noel De Palma, Batchakui Bernabé, and Alain Tchana. EuroSys 2021, April 2021.
- Mu: An Efficient, Fair and Responsive Serverless Framework for Resource-Constrained Edge Clouds, V. Mittal, S. Qi, R. Bhattacharya, X. Lyu, J. Li, S. G. Kulkarni, D. Li, J. Hwang, K. K. Ramakrishnan, and T. Wood, in Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing, SoCC ’21. Nov. 2021.
- Fine-Grained Isolation for Scalable, Dynamic, Multi-tenant Edge Clouds, Y. Ren, G. Liu, V. Nitu, W. Shao, R. Kennedy, G. Parmer, T. Wood, and A. Tchana, in 2020 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, ATC ’20. 2020.
- Microboxes: High Performance NFV with Customizable, Asynchronous TCP Stacks and Dynamic Subscriptions, G. Liu, Y. Ren, M. Yurchenko, K. K. Ramakrishnan, and T. Wood, in Proceedings of the 2018 Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication, SIGCOMM ’18. 2018.
- NFVnice: Dynamic Backpressure and Scheduling for NFV Service Chains, S. G. Kulkarni, W. Zhang, J. Hwang, S. Rajagopalan, K. K. Ramakrishnan, T. Wood, M. Arumaithurai, and X. Fu, in Proceedings of 2017 Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication, SIGCOMM ’17. 2017.
Since applying for tenure in 2016-2017, I have:
- Graduated five more PhD students, who have taken positions at VMware, Intel, University of Connecticut and NYU Shanghai.
- Published 25 conference, workshop, and journal papers, including papers at SIGCOMM, Usenix ATC, and EuroSys; my articles have been cited an additional 6000 times and my H-index has risen from 22 to 39.
- Led the development of our high performance NFV platform, OpenNetVM, which has been contributed to by 40 different developers, about 1/3rd from outside my university.
- Received an additional $3.95M in funding as PI and Co-PI from NSF, ONR, SRC, NSA, and others.
- Redesigned and taught seven distinct courses ranging from undergraduate databases to advanced networking seminars.
- Led my department as Interim Department Chair and managed our Data Analytics MS program.
- Had a child and survived a global pandemic!